Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[1] History
    Visitor:[6] Forum
    Visitor:[11] User Profile

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeCross BayCross BayCross Bay Store...Cross Bay Store...No discussion on this topic for a whileNo discussion on this topic for a while
Previous

Next
New Post
5/9/2005 1:53 PM

King George Ltd. That was a good one! The whole world ate there! Who remembers King George? Did you ever have lunch there with your friends? I still remember the guys faces, behind the counter but can't remember their names, can you? A heavy one who was the straight man and a short one who was a really funny guy.

New Post
12/9/2005 8:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lovely: King George Ltd. That was a good one! The whole world ate there! Who remembers King George? Did you ever have lunch there with your friends? I still remember the guys faces, behind the counter but can't remember their names, can you? A heavy one who was the straight man and a short one who was a really funny guy.
No one remembers king George???? It was like a diner near Home Federal.

New Post
12/24/2005 4:33 PM

I remember the place. It was closer to the 156th Ave side of Cross Bay Blvd. My dad used to take us there all the time.

New Post
1/4/2006 9:08 AM

King George Ltd....of course I remember....everyone who had anything to celebrate would go there for lunch. It was right next to the Chase Manhattan Bank which was on the corner of CrossBay and 156th Avenue. They had both counter service with stools that swirled, and table service. Next to King George was the Chinese Restaurant "House of Hong" or was it "Wong"? Ray A.

New Post
1/4/2006 6:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ray A.: Next to King George was the Chinese Restaurant "House of Hong" or was it "Wong"? Ray A.
I think it was "House of Wong" and then they changed it to "House of Hong"

New Post
6/14/2006 12:47 AM

Once I had lunch in House of Wong, (about 1965) and a roach was doing a back stroke in the won ton soup already on my spoon. I called the server to tell him about it and he asked me if I wanted another bowl of soup and I said, "No thank you, not if it comes from where this one came from". I walked out, feeling kind of sick. I was busy talking with my friend and if I hadn't looked down at the spoon, I would have put it in my mouth! Yuk!

New Post
6/18/2006 11:36 PM

Does anyone remember the very tall Chinese guy who either owned House of Wong or managed it in the '60's? His name was Steve.

New Post
6/27/2006 2:32 PM

Does anyone remember the names of the two guys that work forever at the Stride Rite shoe store which sold Buster Brown Shoes. It was next to Sans Egal Store I believe.

New Post
6/27/2006 4:19 PM

I do remember the shoe store very well. Think it was called Joplings but do not remember the guys who worked there, sorry. I bought my son's first pair of "walking shoes" there.

New Post
8/22/2006 4:20 PM

Sans Egal! Used to have my hair done there! Nice place, nicer people.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCross BayCross BayCross Bay Store...Cross Bay Store...No discussion on this topic for a whileNo discussion on this topic for a while

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Real Estate  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  |  Contact Us  

Copyright © 1997-2016 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use