Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[1] Home
    Visitor:[6] Forum
    Visitor:[1] User Profile

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...Publix bakeries in FLPublix bakeries in FL
Previous

Next
New Post
9/7/2006 1:11 AM

Who agrees that Publix has the best wedding cakes in south FL?

New Post
9/8/2006 4:19 PM

I purchase all my cakes at Publix, They are good but there are a few mom & pop bakeries that are better, but to far to drive.(Usually I am ordering the night before I need the cake)

New Post
9/9/2006 9:43 AM

Publics has the best bakery of all of the food chains....I'm in western NC and have no publics here...I do spend a lot of time in FL, and really enjoy shopping there.

New Post
6/4/2007 11:07 AM

Oh yes, Publix is really the best. I like cakes with real whipped cream and Publix has it. Of course it's not as good as in NY but it's good enough. I was not aware of the Mom and Pop bakeries in FL but if you know of them, can you tell me where they are? I do visit there a lot and have family in FL. Thanks.

New Post
6/9/2007 12:05 AM

Maybe in South Florida, but nothing like the bakeries we had in HB. I used to love my birthday cakes that were chocolate with whipped cream layers.
quote:
Originally posted by iatwp: Who agrees that Publix has the best wedding cakes in south FL?

New Post
6/11/2007 5:42 PM

One of the better Mom / Pop places is actually growing. Doris Italian market & Bakery. I think they now have 3 locations in Broward County. The assortment of Italian pastries, cakes & cookies is huge. There food is pretty darn good also.

New Post
6/12/2007 7:20 PM

Oh yes, I know Doris' Italian market. I used to buy meats there and they were good but the pastries and cakes I thought were terrible. That's like King's Market too, the cake is horrible but thanks anyway.

New Post
6/13/2007 1:07 PM

Never heard of Kings. When was it that you last had Doris's pastries? If longer than the 3 or 4 years, I agree with you. I think they must have got a new baker because the flavor & taste are excellent now.

New Post
6/25/2007 5:48 PM

Yes, SMA, it was more than 4 years ago. I just don't buy there when I visit because I remember it to be bad. Now that you said it has changed I'll give it another try. I'm going there again in July. Thanks. Kings is in Boca Raton.

New Post
6/25/2007 5:52 PM

SMA, I was there longer than 3-4 years ago. I'll try it again, thank you. Yes iatwp, Kings I've been to, in Boca.

New Post
1/16/2008 8:51 AM

i agree all the cakes are way toooooooooooooo sweet.................  i miss sugar bun

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...Publix bakeries in FLPublix bakeries in FL

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  

Copyright © 1997-2021 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use