Total Total: 8

Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[1] Home
    Visitor:[8] Forum

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...Welcome!Welcome!
Previous

Next
New Post
6/17/2004 3:21 PM

Hello felicita! I'm glad you're finally on this site. It's so much fun! mchrist

New Post
3/22/2007 6:22 AM

Welcome Phil Orapallo, this is John DiNardo, I lived a block from you at 161-45 96 St, my family also moved there in 1955. Remember you and an awful lot of the people you mentioned, a little surprised that you didn't mention my brother Bob, he is your age, he will be 62 next Monday. My memory is that Jimmy Murray also sang with another doo wop group, believe that Artie Riccio, Johnny Vetere and Jimmy Jackman(?) were the other members. Enjoy this site, buried my parents from Casey's, my Dad in 1999 and Mom in 2001, thought I'd seen and heard the last of HB until I found this site.

New Post
3/29/2007 2:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD1220: Welcome Phil Orapallo, this is John DiNardo, I lived a block from you at 161-45 96 St, my family also moved there in 1955. Remember you and an awful lot of the people you mentioned, a little surprised that you didn't mention my brother Bob, he is your age, he will be 62 next Monday. My memory is that Jimmy Murray also sang with another doo wop group, believe that Artie Riccio, Johnny Vetere and Jimmy Jackman(?) were the other members. Enjoy this site, buried my parents from Casey's, my Dad in 1999 and Mom in 2001, thought I'd seen and heard the last of HB until I found this site.

New Post
3/29/2007 2:59 PM

John, I knew it was you when you spoke of your father. Sorry I didn't remember Bob's name. I did follow Gary throughout his coaching career because Bobby Pomarico was a good friend of mine until I left LI in 1993. He now lives in Palm Harbor,Fl, however, I have not been able to reach him. I remember being so envious of you because of the school's you attended. If I remember correctly you went to Xavier. I went back to college and graduated from NY Institute of Technology Westbury 1977. I knew Johnny Vetere, Jimmy Jackman and Artie Ricco. My Mom passed away at 62 in 1979 and my Dad at 68 in 1981. I have been in touch with Randy Steele exchanging photo's and info about who has passed on. It's very disturbing to hear about the people that are no longer with us. Keep in touch. I'm retired now, living on a golf course and playing as much as I can without the lady of the house getting upset. Regards, Phil
quote:
Originally posted by perfectchord:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD1220: Welcome Phil Orapallo, this is John DiNardo, I lived a block from you at 161-45 96 St, my family also moved there in 1955. Remember you and an awful lot of the people you mentioned, a little surprised that you didn't mention my brother Bob, he is your age, he will be 62 next Monday. My memory is that Jimmy Murray also sang with another doo wop group, believe that Artie Riccio, Johnny Vetere and Jimmy Jackman(?) were the other members. Enjoy this site, buried my parents from Casey's, my Dad in 1999 and Mom in 2001, thought I'd seen and heard the last of HB until I found this site.

New Post
3/30/2007 6:44 AM

Phil, Amazed at how many people from HB are living in Florida today, I lived there from 1975 to 1980, one person on this web site lives on the same street in Coral Springs that I did, in fact since that street makes an arc that is only two vlocks in length, there's a fairly good chance that he lives in my old house. How is Bobby Pomarico doing?, I know that his brother John retired from the NYPD and moved to Miami in late 1970's, his nephew Frank played at Notre Dame with my brother Gerry.

New Post
3/30/2007 10:41 AM

John, Yes, there are many people from HB that have settled in Fl. Carmine Desena is over on the E/C in Hollywood,Fl. I have not heard from Bobby Pomarice since about 1996 when he visited me at my house in Fl. I always followed his nephew Frank and your brother Gerry when they palyed for ND. Then when Gerry coached for LSU,etc. The Dolphins should have hired Gerry. He would have brought them a championship. Regards, Phil
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD1220: Phil, Amazed at how many people from HB are living in Florida today, I lived there from 1975 to 1980, one person on this web site lives on the same street in Coral Springs that I did, in fact since that street makes an arc that is only two vlocks in length, there's a fairly good chance that he lives in my old house. How is Bobby Pomarico doing?, I know that his brother John retired from the NYPD and moved to Miami in late 1970's, his nephew Frank played at Notre Dame with my brother Gerry.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...Welcome!Welcome!

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  

Copyright © 1997-2021 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use