Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[3] Home
    Visitor:[1] Photos
    Visitor:[11] Forum

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...1960-1969 Resident1960-1969 Resident
Previous

Next
New Post
1/8/2009 5:42 PM

Was born in Far Rockaway and moved to Howard Beach as an infant.  Grew up at 158th and 79th.  Went to PS 207 when the first integration began.  Used to walk to Cross Bay blvd and go to the candy store.  Miss New Park Pizza.  I had relatives that lived right next door to the hospital when it went though all it's changes. 

Used to play in the meadow but our parents scared the heck out of saying there were bad people there and they would attack us.

Was infatuated with my 3rd grade teacher (Mrs. Galdie?, a girl named Karen Maltz).  Used to bowl at Cross Bay lanes with my cub scout pack.

My friends were Lee Lee Mendleson, Robert Baylor, Amy Weinstein, Richard Brudnau.... of course it was 40 years ago....

Paul Mills

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsFormer Resident...Former Resident...1960-1969 Resident1960-1969 Resident

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  

Copyright © 1997-2021 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use