Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[1] Photos
    Visitor:[3] Forum
    Visitor:[1] Guest Book

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsLost School MatesLost School Mates
Previous

Next
New Post
11/6/2003 6:47 PM

Looking for anyone who went to PS 146.... 1959- 1965...Mr Gellert 5th grade class .Mr Lehman 6th grade class..

New Post
11/26/2003 12:53 AM

Hi Eileen, I had Mr Lehman in 6th grade but I graduated in '66. Arlene

New Post
6/3/2004 2:28 PM

i went to i46 had mr lehmanin 6 grade about 1956

New Post
6/3/2004 8:24 PM

[quote]Originally posted by gerri: [quote]Originally posted by richard white: Hi,also went to 146..graduated in '57...4th grade Mrs. Warmund (she loved looking at herself in mirror that she had in her closet)...5th Mr. Barash...6th Ms. Levin....7th we started changing classes....Mr. Lehman taught math (Ibelieve) and Mr. Vogel (who loved to look at all the girls)taught science...other subjects were divided between them.....8th grade was Mrs. Fannon (very tall and slender woman, who also taught my father in the late 1930's)...there was also a robust white haired woman (her name escapes me right now)...the two of them plus a home ec teacher by the name of Mrs. Papp got us all out of elementary school.

New Post
6/20/2004 1:07 AM

Hi to all of you. I graduated from 146 in '58. Remember the little zippered blue books for all your friends to sign on the last day of school? I remember the white-haired teacher was Mrs O'Reilly. Hey, Richard, I think we were in the same class. Karen

New Post
12/11/2004 7:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gerri: [quote]Originally posted by gerri: [quote]Originally posted by richard white: Hi,also went to 146..graduated in '57...4th grade Mrs. Warmund (she loved looking at herself in mirror that she had in her closet)...5th Mr. Barash...6th Ms. Levin....7th we started changing classes....Mr. Lehman taught math (Ibelieve) and Mr. Vogel (who loved to look at all the girls)taught science...other subjects were divided between them.....8th grade was Mrs. Fannon (very tall and slender woman, who also taught my father in the late 1930's)...there was also a robust white haired woman (her name escapes me right now)...the two of them plus a home ec teacher by the name of Mrs. Papp got us all out of elementary school.
I graduated from OLG in 1957, wonder whatever happened to the nuns that used to beat me around the room, the memory makes me smile, at least I was never ignored.

New Post
4/7/2005 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD1220:
quote:
Originally posted by gerri: [quote]Originally posted by gerri: [quote]Originally posted by richard white: Hi,also went to 146..graduated in '57...4th grade Mrs. Warmund (she loved looking at herself in mirror that she had in her closet)...5th Mr. Barash...6th Ms. Levin....7th we started changing classes....Mr. Lehman taught math (Ibelieve) and Mr. Vogel (who loved to look at all the girls)taught science...other subjects were divided between them.....8th grade was Mrs. Fannon (very tall and slender woman, who also taught my father in the late 1930's)...there was also a robust white haired woman (her name escapes me right now)...the two of them plus a home ec teacher by the name of Mrs. Papp got us all out of elementary school.
I graduated from OLG in 1957, wonder whatever happened to the nuns that used to beat me around the room, the memory makes me smile, at least I was never ignored.
Do you remember Sisters Paula, Winifred, Germain, Stanaslaus, Cornelia, Philomena? Of course Mother Agnes, she was the best. Mother Binignus who came to OLG later from Nativity, was rough, very stern woman. The nuns were great though. They were strict but fair and always fun. I went to Nativity B.V.M., OLG and also P.S. 146. I remember Ms. Levin in 5th grade, Mr. Lehman and Mr. Barish, the music teacher with the tin ear, Mr. Vogel, Ms. Fannon, Mrs. O'Reilly, Miss Papp, the cooking teacher and those table top stoves that you had to light with the match, with the white porcelin knobs. We had some regular stoves in the room also but I didn't get one of them. Mr. Von Bargan, the shop teacher and of course Mr. Ritter, principal. Those were the days! The kids in school now will never have memories like that. I do remember the plays in school and the films shown in both schools on assembly day. They were great. It's so wonderful thinking about all those great times!

New Post
4/7/2005 1:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD1220:
quote:
I remember Miss Papp taught us to make homemade apple sauce in a double boiler and we used the color in the apple skin to make the apple sauce red. Can't remember how she did it to this day, haha. I also remember washing the dishes in the back of the room at one of the sinks. Clean up was not too much fun. Do you remember Ms. O'Reilly playing the piano in assembly? She was so good. Very nice lady, always smiling. Current events class with Ms. Fannon. I remember bringing a clipping of the Sputnik to school with me, haha. That's how old I am! Did anyone out there go to the after school center at 146 and also at night? The knock hockey games and the dixie mesh and making pins with macaroni noodles? At night some of the boys who had a singing group used to come in and sing in the boy's bathroom 'cause the sound was better in there. It was really great! I remember one guy who walked a girl home one night from the school center and bought her a Wriggley's spearmint gum and a pack of Lucky's for himself. If he reads this, I hope he answers it.

New Post
4/7/2005 1:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by karenanne: Hi to all of you. I graduated from 146 in '58. Remember the little zippered blue books for all your friends to sign on the last day of school? I remember the white-haired teacher was Mrs O'Reilly. Hey, Richard, I think we were in the same class. Karen
Anyone remember Alice Marcel who played Alice in Wonderland in a play at 146? Did she go to Our Lady of Wisdom after 146? What ever happened to her? I wonder if she reads this site.

New Post
12/7/2006 9:44 AM

The nuns you named most of them went to the mother house in Blue Point. I worked in the next town and met Sr. Philomina, my wife and I went to her 50th anniv. in Patchogue. Some of my old nuns and father keene were there. I grad from OLG in 1949

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsLost School MatesLost School Mates

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  |  Contact Us  

Copyright © 1997-2020 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use