Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[3] Home
    Visitor:[10] Forum
    Visitor:[2] User Profile

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsOLGOLG
Previous

Next
New Post
6/12/2001 12:43 PM

OLG 
Does anyone remember the GREAT dances at OLG? Although I was under-age and went to public school, I used to get in! I remember the band playing "Smoke On The Water," & "Color My World." (Still searching for old classmates...) Edited by - Lorraine M on June 12 2001 11:56:37 AM

New Post
8/8/2001 11:09 PM

OLG 
that band u remember was probably six-horse hitch- michael gambuto's band- i was too young to go too but i knew the band-i also went to olg

New Post
8/9/2001 11:26 AM

OLG 
quote:
Originally posted by susan castranuovo: that band u remember was probably six-horse hitch- michael gambuto's band- i was too young to go too but i knew the band-i also went to olg
There was a guitar player whose father owned the pizza-place by the taxi service. Could that be the same "Mike"??? Also, I'm looking for an old friend from Hamilton Beach that went to OLG. Her name was Evelyn Kast. Her mom had died in a car accident when we were kids. I heard she moved to Texas. Any ideas?

New Post
8/12/2001 11:08 AM

OLG 
THAT WAS A DIFFERENT MIKE-I THINK HIS LAST NAME WAS PINELLA-BUT HE WAS IN THE BAND TOO-HIS PARENTS LIVE ON LI OR FLA-HE'S INTO REAL ESTATE NOW -I THINK-THEY HAD AN ARTICLE ON THEM IN THE CHRONICLE LAST YEAR-I DON'T KNOW THE GIRL UR TALKING ABOUT BUT,HER NAME SOUNDS FAMILIAR-I GREW UP ON 100TH STREET & 157TH AVE-MY MAIDEN NAME IS LESSLIE-

New Post
8/12/2001 11:13 AM

OLG 
WHAT YEAR DID U GRADUATE OLG?

New Post
8/13/2001 12:39 PM

OLG 
quote:
Originally posted by susan castranuovo: WHAT YEAR DID U GRADUATE OLG?
P.S. 146 in 1972...we just had a 6th-grade class reunion! What a blastText ! Regretfully, I don't think we knew each other as kids. Oh...which Chronicle??? I saw the (Charles?) park for the first time in years...they finally got rid of the stone turtle, and the dinasour...Hamilton Beach looks much better. Howard Bch looks almost the same as I remember it. But Cross Bay? I can't believe it. It's like Jamaica. Wall to wall stores. I wonder if they still have the Baby Day parades. Do you still live there? I've been in Fla. for almost 20 yrs.

New Post
8/13/2001 1:07 PM

OLG 
i remember mike pinella -sister debbie from OZP. baby day parades!!!! on labor day every year, started out down by the park (hamilton) i even remember the ribbon cutting ceremony at that park. how are you susan??

New Post
8/23/2001 10:19 PM

OLG 
hey kath-where do u live now? i'm still in h.b. - maybe u know who lorraine m is talking about-

New Post
8/24/2001 3:40 PM

OLG 
hey kath-where do u live now? i'm still in h.b. - maybe u know who lorraine m is talking about-. no, i don't know who lorraine is referring to. i'm living in verona NJ. HB has changed and then it really didn't.

New Post
12/30/2001 3:16 AM

OLG 
Six Horse Hitch was Mike G. (vocal), Mike P. (guitar), Keith H. (later replaced by Reggie B. on keyboards) Frank C. (bass), Mike B. (Drums), and Me, Al C. (guitar). I'm still in contact with, and friends with Mick and Reg. Lost touch with the others. Mike P.s Dad did have the Pizza place in Howard Beach. Mike G. lived in Howard Beach. The rest of us from Gate of Heaven / St Benedict Parrishes

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsOLGOLG

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  

Copyright © 1997-2021 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use