Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[3] Home
    Visitor:[1] History
    Visitor:[31] Forum
    Visitor:[7] User Profile

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsPS 63, John Adams class of 1970PS 63, John Adams class of 1970
Previous

Next
New Post
2/18/2009 12:07 AM

wondering if there is anyone out there that went to PS 63 (1957-1963) or graduated John Adams 1970. Would be great to see where everyone is. Also looking for old friends and I use that term loosely, that lived on 88th and 158th Avenue (before 207 was built)

New Post
2/20/2009 2:51 PM

Nancy;

I went to PS 63 through 4th grade.  Had Mrs. Kawalski (sp?).  Then attended brand new PS  207 for 5th and 6th grade.. Graduated Adams in 1973.

Ray

New Post
3/20/2009 4:34 PM

Hello Nancy.

I'm Joe Martini. I lived on 88th Street between 157th and 158th. My parents are still there. I knew your brother Joel. I believe you're closer in age to my sister Maria.

Had a few encounters with old friends recently, though not under pleasant circumstances. Saw Michael, Julia and Pamela Christon at their father's wake.

Also saw many old friends including Charles and Mary Anne Butera (Verni) and Timmy Dowd at Richie Piazza's wake.

My wife Maureen (Starr-Class of 1967) and I live in Oceanside, Long Island with our two kids (Allison 15 and Matthew 18) but I'll be with my folks on 88th Street tonight.

Maria became a grandmother a few months ago.

Say hi to Joel.

New Post
1/6/2010 1:25 PM

Dear Nancy,  I went to PS 63 and would have graduated from John Adams in 1971.  I left school in March 1971 before graduating in May.  Born in Brooklyn and moved to Howard Beach when I was 5 years old.  Went to PS 63 from Kindergarten until 6th grade.  I don't remember your name.  Do you remember mine.  Judy Coccodrilli.  I lived at 156-32 92 Street.  I have an older sister named Marianne.  Hope to hear back from you.  my email is jmeister53@hotmail.com

New Post
1/6/2010 1:28 PM

Dear Ray,  God I remember killer Kawalski.  I went to PS 63 too.  John Adams class of 1971.  My name was Judy Coccodrilli.  You were a year older than me.  Some of the friends that I can remember from Grade School were Jack Cavalcanti, Anita Esposito, Ralph Fuchi.  I think that I didn't meet Ralph until we were at the John Adams Annex in 9th grade.

Judy Coccodrilli Meister

New Post
1/25/2010 1:07 PM

Judy:

Actually  I graduated John Adams in 1973.  That would make me two years younger than you.  That would explain why you were able to go to PS 63 through the 6th grade, while I only attended through the 4th grade.  PS 207 opened for school service when I wentered the 5th grade.  Mrs. English was our School Principal who I believe transferred from PS 63.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeResidentsResidentsLost FriendsLost FriendsPS 63, John Adams class of 1970PS 63, John Adams class of 1970

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Real Estate  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  |  Contact Us  

Copyright © 1997-2016 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use