Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[3] Home
    Visitor:[2] Photos
    Visitor:[12] Forum

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeCross BayCross BayCross Bay Nosta...Cross Bay Nosta...good ol daysgood ol days
Previous

Next
New Post
11/29/2004 3:40 PM

I worked for Hayes car service, then howard car service too. Also was a member of the west hamilton beach FD. Does anyone remember the trampolines on Cross Bay? They were at ground level and had pits under them. (Got my head caught in the springs once trying to do a flip!) I remember the old wooden bridges from cross bay to Howard, and from Howard to Hamilton. Does anyone remember someone having an old PT boat on the canal between Crossbay and Old Howard beach?

New Post
3/23/2005 8:10 PM

I do remember car service and Bouncetown on Crossbay. I miss HB a lot but of course I miss what it used to be. Wonderful that we can come in here and talk about it!

New Post
4/2/2005 1:18 AM

I remember that big old green PT boat. It was anchored at the end of shellbank basin. It was there for as long as I can remember. I don't think I ever saw it go out. Later. there was another one near there...it was white, and was used as a fishing boat. There were a few party boats there to that I remember, The Roamer, and the Ro-Ma-Fran...man...that was a LONG time ago...

Previous

Next
HomeHomeCross BayCross BayCross Bay Nosta...Cross Bay Nosta...good ol daysgood ol days

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  

Copyright © 1997-2021 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use