Total Total: 52

Users Online
Minimize
   Members Where are they
    Visitor:[40] Forum
    Visitor:[12] User Profile

Announcement
Minimize

You must be registered and logged in to post a message on this forum. Please note that all posts with authors listed as  "anonymous"  were migrated from the old website forum.

Howard Beach Forum
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRacism in HBRacism in HB
Previous

Next
New Post
8/24/2007 4:19 PM

How in this day and age can racism still exist in HB? I read in the Daily News today a Guyanese family was threatened and the 19 yr old had been arrested. Is this common again in HB? I thought the 70's & 80's ended. Come on people teach your children to be better then our generation was. People are people no matter the color of the skin.

New Post
8/25/2007 7:34 PM

Before you comment on how we teach our children, learn the facts. Kris is not disliked because of his skin color..he is disliked because he is an arrogant, nasty person who does whatever he wants regardless of our city laws. He also slapped the kid accross the face which started the fight with his next door neighbors. And that is all this is...A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO NEIGHBORS!

New Post
8/27/2007 9:42 AM

A fight between (2) neighbors?? Threats of killing ones family & burning down their house is more than a fight. If my neighbor came on my property & made threats to my family they would have been shot.(perfectly legal under FL law) How many other non-white families live in Hamilton?? I realize only one side of the story was printed, I would like to hear the otherside. Do you know of any follow up interview?

New Post
8/27/2007 7:14 PM

IT DID NOT HAPPEN IN HAMILTON BEACH. IT TOOK PLACE IN RAMBLESVILLE. GET IT STRAIGHT!!!

New Post
8/27/2007 9:05 PM

Kris says one thing the other guy says something else. There are 3 sides to every story. One guy's, the other guy's and then there's the truth.

New Post
8/28/2007 9:07 AM

You are right, there are 3 sides to every story. What is the truth? I would like to hear about it.

New Post
8/29/2007 7:13 AM

Here's some truth for you. The news reports whatever the hell it wants to report. It distorts facts and tries to get a rise out of people. Why would the news decide to report this? The answer is fairly simple. Because it happened in Howard Beach. Had it happened in Ozone Park, Beach Channel, etc. would it have been reported? Hell no. Did the news report back in May that two to three black girls beat up a pregnant white girl in HB? Nope, they didn't. Though, I do believe that if two to three white girls beat up a pregnant black girl in HB it would've been all over the place, complete with yet another protest march by the biggest racist of them all... - Al Sharpton

New Post
8/29/2007 7:19 AM

Oh, and since you are in Florida here are the links to the story that was reported ONLY in the Queens Chronicle. http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18450508&BRD=2731&PAG=461&dept_id=574995&rfi=8 http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18474870&BRD=2731&PAG=461&dept_id=574995&rfi=8

New Post
8/29/2007 8:47 AM

That's a little unfair Cheeky, I'm sure the N.Y. Times reported this story, you just didn't read far enough, it was probably on page 68, the first 8 paragraphs dealt with past instances of racism in H.B., quotes from Fat Al etc, the details of what happened were summarized in two lines at the very bottom of the story. Saw an interview with that clown when he was at some event in Houston a year or so ago, the first sentences out of his mouth were about racism in H.B.

New Post
8/29/2007 12:19 PM

Sorry to hear of the pregnant women being assaulted, it is horrible. As for Sharpton, he is an A$$hole. Now back to the subject...Is Kris & his family the only non-whites in Hamilton? Did Kris just walk up to Michael jr & hit him for no reason? Is it possible the neighbors fear inevitable change? Most Islanders I have met are hard working, family driven people who actually look out for their neighbors. I grew up in HB and racism was wide spread. I am happy to say I did not pass this on to my children, their friends (as many of mine) are from many different cultures. Maybe if we all tried to get along a little more, this world would not be so screwed up.

New Post
8/31/2007 5:58 AM

The media hullabaloo over this fight between neighbors seems to be politically motivated... There is no place in this society for threatening one's neighbors... With all the over-development in Queens, neighbors need to comply with the City's building laws, too... For more info you can visit my blog... [url="http://davidmquintana.blogspot.com"]Lost in the Ozone...[/url]

New Post
8/31/2007 3:06 PM

DavidQ NYC - thanks for the info. I will add your blog to my list.

New Post
9/1/2007 2:19 PM

RAMBLESVILLE!!!!!! NOT HAMILTON BEACH!!!!!

New Post
9/2/2007 7:14 PM

Read the Forum. They lay it out pretty well. Basic facts are an Indian guy bought a falling down house (that had a violation as structurally unsound before he bought it) he did work without permits, got caught, got Stop work order, violated order, got caught, had noisy party, got in fight (verbal and threats apparently since other guy got locked up for menacing not assault) then claimed it's about his race A friend of mine in South Ozone Park knows him from where he used to live, same story there as far as construction stuff, said guy was just a lousy neighbor (friend is from Guyana too)

New Post
9/2/2007 7:22 PM

Note to SMA All racism is wrongheaded and it exists in all communities, not just Howard Beach. Beating up a guy because you THINK he's gonna commit a crime like Fat Nick did is far different from this. Neighbors made complaints to the proper authorities like good citizens are supposed to do and are getting called racists for doing it.

New Post
9/3/2007 9:45 AM

SMA - There are many different sections to Howard Beach. Old Howard, New Howard, Rockwood Park, Lindenwood, Hamilton, Ramblersville. This happened in RAMBLERSVILLE, has nothing to do with Hamilton or Howard Beach. BUT, to answer your question... YES, there are other non-white people who are living in the whole of Howard Beach and live hear peacefully. Johnny - the first words out of Fat Al's mouth usually have to do with racism, but I'm not surprised to hear HB was mentioned. Thank god for the mute button.

New Post
9/5/2007 10:52 AM

Where is Ramblersville physically located so I can get it straight? I met some of the non-white people last year, nice folks. My question was regarding Hamilton Beach....are there any non-white people their? I did'nt see any. Did see "NO NI--ERS ALLOWED" painted at the entrance of the boardwalk going into Hamilton by the train station.

New Post
9/5/2007 2:48 PM

Ramblersville is the area between Howard and Hamilton. It runs parallel to the boardwalk. And, I thought I did answer your question. Yes there are non-white folks who live in Hamilton and all of Howard Beach. As for the painted sign at the boardwalk, I don't know anything about that. That doesn't mean I disbelieve you, I believe that it was there because there are a bunch of teenage [I can't say what I want to say because it may be blocked] who like to start all sorts of trouble. This is the first I'm hearing about that... Though, I do have to say you seem to be pointing a lot of fingers toward Hamilton. The train station side of boardwalk, which is where the spray painted sign was, is Howard Beach. The other incidents all happened in New Howard Beach and on Crossbay Boulevard (the Old Howard Beach sign). The only thing Hamilton is "guilty" of is getting screwed during the new moon/full moon/Nor'Easters because the neighborhood gets flooded. Just out of curiousity, how long were you in Hamilton that you didn't see any non-white people there?
quote:
Originally posted by SMA429: Where is Ramblersville physically located so I can get it straight? I met some of the non-white people last year, nice folks. My question was regarding Hamilton Beach....are there any non-white people their? I did'nt see any. Did see "NO NI--ERS ALLOWED" painted at the entrance of the boardwalk going into Hamilton by the train station.

New Post
9/5/2007 5:35 PM

Cheeky - Thanks for the info. I would say I always saw that area as HB & Hamilton. Im not pointing fingers, I can only go by what I read. We were in HB & Hamilton for just one day. We walked all over & I was amazed at the changes. You had mentioned non-whites in the whole of HB, not specifically Hamilton.

New Post
9/7/2007 12:28 AM

Yes there are non whites in Howard Beach and yes there are non whites in all sections of Howard Beach including Ramblersville and Hamilton Beach. This incident has been reported in all the local press, some accurately some not as well as in the dailies. It is more about a guy trying to get out from under building violations by crying you don't like me at his neighbors. Probably figured he'd do the construction then get some engineer to self- certify it as being proper. Unfortunately, the engineer a lot of the Indians in South Queens were using got himself indicted a short while ago. This guy is just using HB's rep as a stepping stone.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralRacism in HBRacism in HB

Home  |  About  |  History  |  Photos  |  Real Estate  |  Cross Bay  |  Forum  |  Guest Book  |  Events  |  Contact Us  

Copyright © 1997-2016 HowardBeach.com
Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use